View Single Post
Old June 7, 2012   #72
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Default Roasted Tomato Soup by Tyler Florence

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/t...ipe/index.html

I just made this soup tonight and it was so very good, I used Yellow Brandywine, Roma, and Superboy. I actually started it on Sunday by roasting the veggies, transfering them to the stock pot and letting them cool in the stock pot, then I put it in the refer because my husband wasn't home until today. I think it really made the roasted part infuse the flavor into the juices it had produced during roasting.

I finished the soup tonight and my husband was commenting on how good the soup smelled while it was cooking down. I only added low salt chicken broth, the butter, spices, and dry basil from the garden. I only used a small amount of oil in the roasting process too, I don't load the veggies up with oil, just a small brushing is good enough for me. I also did not use any cream and it was the most creamy soup I have ever eaten after blending with the immersion blender. There is no need to peel the fruit for this recipe.

I tripled the amount of veggies and used the same amount of butter and broth as the original recipe called for. I seasoned to taste with the dry basil and the pepper. Very good.

~Margaret Atwood~

Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote