View Single Post
Old June 29, 2016   #12
Allisa
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.SeanF. View Post
One of my crosses worked! When I checked today, one of the blossoms I hand pollinated
has swollen to the size of a pea. I used Orange Russian 117 as the pollen source and Japanese Black Trifele as the female. With this heat I'm surprised I have any fruit setting.
Hi! Congrats! It would be interesting to follow your results! Very tasty and beautiful parents (trying to imaging possible variation at F2).

I checked mine and also got some swollen, some of them didn't make, even though they were a size of a pea, I think because of our heat.

I used Lucid Gem as a pollen and Orange Russian 117 and Rosoviy Myod as a females.

Have tried to get some pollen yesterday and today from 10 am to 6 pm periodically a few times a day, got none, too warm, heat makes a pollen sterile. Our cool days are in the past for this season. But I hope, I will get enough to try and play with next season. I've put some cover on the top of some tomatoes (imitating a roof) and will check if that will make a difference and I will be able to get some more pollen this season.
Allisa is offline   Reply With Quote