View Single Post
Old May 29, 2017   #28
mensplace
Tomatovillian™

MY best thoughts and prayers for anyone and everyone experiencing loss and pain of any kind. Too, my great thanks for the many great ideas, suggestions and comments. Community and friendships of any kind are invaluable. You can't force the process of healing. My loss of my wife and family was the loss of everything I valued and lived for. After that I was totally alone for two years. YES I cried endlessly and screamed. I was virtually paralyzed with the loss of everything I was. Thankfully, I was picked up by the collar, shaken good, and led to that still tiny seed of faith...totally different from religion alone. I was led to write all that I knew and had experienced through long days and nights in which 800 pages didn't come from me, but from getting myself out of the way.

Re the tomatoes, I now have two rows of six each. My next task will be to put landscaping fabric around all around them. Trouble is, just getting out to them must wait for a cooler day with overcast. Wish I lived where we don't have such heat and humidity! With AFIB, COPD, two strokes, two stints, and a rapidly fusing skeletal system, just getting out to them is a challenge. Life happens. I refuse to surrender to the pain that is everywhere 24/7, but, on the other hand, will not risk another stroke when I simply can't get out into the heat.

I enjoy doing that which I can, knowing I have accomplished so much just getting these started, and celebrate that you good folks are there with such great ideas and positive support. For those in pain or simply trying to endure loss, please know that you are not alone!
mensplace is offline   Reply With Quote