View Single Post
Old March 5, 2009   #1
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Default Germination Testing

As you trade and give seeds away it's always a good Idea to check the germination rate of your saved seeds. I just had a case in hand where I sent a fellow TV member some seed for Spudakee Purple and Golden Cherokee. He reported back to me that he was having germination problems with the seed I sent. Later on they did germinate. If you ever do have germination problems with seeds received in trade or from a vendor please report it! That way the supplier/trader can check his or her lots and if there is a problem can take measures to rectify it. Here's some photo's of germination tests on my Spudakee Purple and Golden Cherokee. Problems can occur in the mail delivery process as well as you can have a problem batch of seeds which did occur to me as an individual reported germination problems and I found a bad lot. I'm happy to say the Spudakee and Cherokee were OK as you can see by the pictures. This is what they looked like a week after I set them out. I use coffee filters and zip-lock bags to do my testing. Ami
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PC-IMG_0018.jpg (87.2 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg PC-IMG_0020.jpg (88.0 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg PC-IMG_0021.jpg (84.8 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg PC-IMG_0022.jpg (105.4 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg PC-IMG_0023.jpg (115.4 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg PC-IMG_0024.jpg (137.1 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg PC-IMG_0025.jpg (157.2 KB, 120 views)