View Single Post
Old March 11, 2018   #7
bower
Tomatovillian™

Ok I will admit that I binged on self-improvement articles at a link PondGardener posted last week.. One of them was about bias, it was kind of interesting. The notion iirc, is that we only notice results that are memorable, and forget the results that are just mediocre or not outstanding. So for example:

Used product with great results.

Used product with average results.

The great results are memorable so ... that's what we remember. We forget the less outstanding things and even make excuses for them.
I know if I'm trying to really learn something I have to write down the data. I really won't remember otherwise. I can be really surprised if I compare "my conclusions" as in what I thought in general terms after the fact, with what I actually wrote down at one time or another.

As for people's reports about what they used or liked on this forum, I really like it when everybody chimes in and says what they do, and the more different ideas the better I like it. lol: I keep an open mind and many times I think about trying one different thing or another because someone said it worked for them. Or some things I'll never try because I know already they won't work for me, but it's interesting to hear anyway how others did it.
bower is offline   Reply With Quote