Thread: 2011 Plant Swap
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2011   #30
VGary
Tomatoville Honoree

Default Sorry I could not be with all of you

Greetings to all my CHOPTAG Friends!
I was uncertain if I could come that far from home early on. Both Katharine and I have health issues which some of you know about. We have good days and not so good days. I had a terrible season with gardening last summer and lost almost every thing and it was worse with the health problems I had at that time.
I debated as to whether I would germinate any seed this year and finally decided and seeded those late late. I did those at Thienemans so they could water them daily and they would be warm and cozy in the hoop house. I brought them home last week but have been unable to transplant anything due to the rains and weather. I am hoping for a few days of sunshine -- please send some my way!
This was my eleventh year as a volunteer at Thieneman's Nursery and helped with the selection of tomato/pepper varieties. I also helped with the "Mater Days" two weeks ago with the sale and assisted the growers with questions they might have. Sure juices me up to be able to talk tomato with interested folks.

I have the August date posted above my computer and plan to be there the good Lord willing!
Gary

Thieneman's Nursery 2011 and 2010 Tomato listings.

http://www.thienemans.com/