View Single Post
Old August 3, 2006   #20
tjg911
Tomatovillian™

i don't have a grill and don't like to use the oven especially in the summer. I found a simple way to use the excessive number of fruits my 3 Cloud Nine plants are cranking out. Basicly, this is Baba Ghanouj BUT without having to use the oven. My oven is used perhaps 10-12 times a year, only in the winter, and I don't want to be heating up the house when I'm running the A/C so this is just the ticket for me.

I sauted diced eggplant in a bit of olive oil in a covered non stick frying pan on medium heat, this takes about 5-10 minutes depending upon how small the dice is, until it is soft. I mashed it and then added tahini, garlic, cumin, salt and lemon juice all to taste.

Now this was fabulous! I wonder how the taste may differ doing this vs baking it? I couldn't possibly eat 1/2 of all the fruits I'm growing until I thought of this, not using the oven that is. Not rocket science but like I said it's basicly making Baba Ghanouj on top of the stove. And now I hope those 3 plants can now produce enough to satify me!

Great news too, I read here that Baba Ghanouj freezes well! I may grow 6 plants next year.

Tom
tjg911 is offline   Reply With Quote