View Single Post
Old May 8, 2017   #48
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Default May update

-Thrips are under control for the most part. Combo of yellow flowered "pull" plants and deltamethrin seems to have done the trick. The local population of Frankliniella occidentalis plaguing my garden is resistant to diazinone. Monitoring progress with sticky traps in yellow and blue, fingers crossed I'm over the hump.

-Next week I'll return to my usual Neem/food grade DE and Copper.

-Mammoth Microbials (samples)and Harpin proteins are contributing, as is Sea Green Foliar (I really dig this stuff).

-Compost-alfalfa tea brewing as I type this and will be twice a week for the next couple of months.

-Planted 6 types of marigolds, Pincushion-Sweet Scabious, and lots of Alyssum. These will be my ongoing "pull" plants, they'll live right under the citrus trees and at the end of the tube runs.

-Chem-Gro/cal nitrate/mag-sulfate is easy. Some plants really like it, others turn purple and cry. We'll keep the ones that say "more please."

Here are the replacements for the felled plants:

Overall views. The runs in the opposite direction have a trellis set up to receive the cukes (Excelsior, Sweet Success, Super Zagross, Neva Bride, Calypso, Lemon, Delikatesse). The 2nd pic you can see some of the youngins.

reset.jpg
reset2.jpg

Elgin Pink
elgin pinks2.jpg
elgin pinks.jpg

Delicious Larisa Vorlon
delicious larisa vorlons.jpg

Cowlick's and Polish Linguisa
cowlicks and polish linguisas.jpg

Cowlick's and Larisa
cowlicks and larisas.jpg

Kiss the Sky and Dora
kiss the sky and dora.jpg

Larisa and Cascade Lava
larisas and cascade lavas.jpg

Larisa
larisas.jpg

Grandma Oliver's Chocolate
larry johnsons olivers choc.jpg

Terhune and Odoriko
terhune and odori.jpg

TN Heirloom and Dester
tn heirl and dester.jpg

Koroleva and Pink Rafaello
koroleva and pink rafaello.jpg
korolevas.jpg

Current "pull" plants for thrips
trap plants for thrips.jpg

Fred's TD, one of my favorites
freds td.jpg

Last edited by Gerardo; May 8, 2017 at 11:27 PM.
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote