View Single Post
Old April 8, 2018   #18
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Default The 'Dillo Has Been Recycled

Tonight around 9pm sister Pickles went on the back porch with the flashlight just to have a look around and spotted the armadillo over by the side of the house. I grabbed the shotgun and since it was slowly heading toward the front, we went around the house the other way and waited. All the cats were secure in the house so when it wandered into view, lit up by the security light with a nice broadside view..... no more 'dillo. It was a big male.

It has now been placed a ways off the road shoulder where it will be recycled by the buzzards. Tomorrow I will fill in all the holes it dug last night. Hopefully it will be the last time.

Last week I was pricing a trap at the feed 'n weed and they had grub killer on sale, $8 for a bag that will treat 10,000 sq ft so I got one. When I got home I got out what we used to call the "wheel of fortune" at work (the rolling measuring wheel) and measured the areas of digging activity. I'll need one more bag and the two won't treat the whole place but they will cover the areas where I've seen mole tunnels.
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote