View Single Post
Old May 15, 2019   #23
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

April 21st, 2019

Finished up my Leeks that wintered over for some Leek Potato soup. Got 2.25 pounds of leeks so I had a hefty pot of soup for Easter Dinner. Replanted some leeks.
Planted the Strawberry plants, mainly as a ground cover.

I'm battling ants again, they are everywhere. Put out some Outdoor Terro Baits.

May, 4th - 8th 2019

We have been getting a good amount of rain, my Rain Barrels are staying full. I have yet to hook up the city water, everything has been watered from the Rain Barrel setup.
Planted some of my Celeste Figs on the hill and one in a pot on the deck.
Still planting stuff here and there, Parsley, Eggplants, Peppers, Dill.
I lost all but one of my squash and melon plants. I direct sowed a bunch of seeds.
My peppers are struggling as well as my Okra, I think next year I'll put these out on Mothers day.

Dug out all of the horseradish root and planted in pots, I was afraid it would take over the neighborhood.
I have a few tomatoes ripening on the plants that were moved from the indoor garden to the outdoor garden.

May, 8th - 11th 2019

It's been raining for three days straight, My Rain barrels are always at full capacity. I still haven't turned on the drip lines yet.

We had a sad day today, one of the rehab RES turtles didn't make it.

Tomato plants are growing nicely but the peppers are still struggling with the exception of the pepper plants in the veggie filter... go figure!

This is the Jetstar that I trimmed back to almost nothing.

I called it quits on the indoor garden as I was getting ripe tomatoes on a few of the outdoor plants already. I couldn't bear to terminate these plants so I tossed them on the deck, I can't see them doing too well and they will probably succumb to a fungus or early blight due to the density of the foliage, but I'm not going to worry about it.

My leek garden finally perked up, I was getting worried about these guys, I was babying them since they were planted. I only lost a few

The pond plants are growing nicely

SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote