View Single Post
Old February 11, 2016   #20
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
My question would be, what are they going to do with the information? It could easily be used to influence a member's decisions, if they come back to you with your own report and say, "well we like these things, but these other crops you want to grow are oversupplied at our market, so you shouldn't grow them." That could be just as illegal as fixing prices.
That is my question too. For your market, I think I would make the simplest plan I could. Maybe something like

Tomatoes.... Assorted varieties from small to large
Beans ... Pole type beans
Carrots ... Long orange types

and go on like that. I agree with Cole Robbie that giving more than basic info could possibly cause problems down the way. Yes, I can understand how the market may want to have things a bit more professional, but I don't think they need to know exactly how much, what, and your prices for stuff.

I would hate to see you put in a whole crop of something and then them come back later and say , " Oh we have too many bean sellers at the moment, you have to wait on your crop." We all know that crops wait for no person. And what happens when bugs, varmints or weather conditions cause a loss of crops and you plant something else? Will you not be able to take your yield to the market if it is not on your plan?

I would contact the head person that said you need a plan and ask him exactly what he wants on that paper, then I would decide exactly what info your willing to share.

Than if you really want to see how your doing, you can get something more professional.
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote