View Single Post
Old April 10, 2016   #74
jmsieglaff
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfollett View Post
I'm hoping we can get a black (maybe a large black) on a <18" plant. Its daddy is an F1 of Brandywine Cowlick's X Margaret Curtain. The potential for color, fruit size and flavor should be there.
Dan, I'm excited for these. The plants continue to grow nicely under the lights. I'm thinking I'll grow these on my deck, with the high sun angle in late spring and early summer, I don't know if they'll get enough direct sunlight up by the patio door indoors. I have some 12" outdoor circular planters (tapered) so I they are about 0.50 cubic feet. I'm thinking I'll do 3 in one planter and 2 in another. 5 would be way too tight I think--both from a soil point of view and an airflow point of view.

Do you care if these are bagged or not? If you do I may rig up something to 'bag' the entire pot.

As far as plant supports I think I'll just do this on fly with garden support sticks and twine. (Especially since I think the amount of support needed will be directly related to the weight of fruit set, which seems to be a rather big unknown yet with these.)
jmsieglaff is offline   Reply With Quote