View Single Post
Old September 4, 2017   #71
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Nan, I had never heard of using cinnamon.

After some thought, this is the first time I have tried germinating in the Pro Mix I bought at Walmart earlier this year. ($17 a bag - I forget the brand name - I'll have to look tomorrow in the daytime.) It could be there is something wrong with that bag of pro mix because I had horrible results using it in three large pots of tomato plants earlier this year. I know I'm grasping at straws, but it could be that pro mix is contaminated with something?

I'll try again using MG which has always produced good results for me - I'll have to buy some Wednesday.

The varieties are some that not everyone has seeds for, but I can't say what those varieties are because of the (Mostly Mystery part of MMMM). The main one I wanted to share is the one I thought was only 33%, but after closer examination today, there are 5 of 12 that have germinated raising it to 41.6%. I will clearly mark that on a card in the bags.

If everyone could go to any site to get seeds for them - it wouldn't matter, but this one was available only at one site that is now out of business. This tomato starts out light green with early signs of antho shoulders - then grows into a bluish black color quickly (At this stage, it's hard as a rock) - then it becomes striped as it matures. Just growing it is fun to watch, and it also tastes good. (I sound like a salesman) But that's why I want to share it so much.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote