View Single Post
Old February 12, 2007   #9
betsylt
Tomatovillian™

Hi All,

How about a seedling exchange in April? Spider & Gary, why don't you come on over and join us! ;-)

I haven't started my seeds yet but will around the end of the month barring any untoward circumstances. I'm still fermenting seeds from the few remaining tomatoes that have ripened up inside after our hard freezes. Quedlinburger Frue Liebe's fruit were among the first to ripen and last fruit I got for the season.

I'm still packaging up seeds, seeds, and more seeds to send out to folks. John told me that he'd be happier if I wait to start seeds for the new season until I get everything gardening related from last season put away.

Let's see here... in all mixed-up order:

Angelique:

I started writing a note to you a while back but haven't finished it (still gathering facts), as I've found some very promising information about dealing with nematode problems (both by planting vegetables [eg mustard, etc.], that reduce or eliminate nematodes and by choosing N-resistant strains). I'll send the information I have (so far) on that as an email to you very shortly so that you can also look into it if you wish to. I didn't remember your having a Fusarium problem too. Drat. I'll start poking around about that too and get back to you.

GTG:

Oh no! Do you have any thoughts on where you might do some growing this season? I over-wintered a small, late-germinating Visitation Valley plant in my kitchen window and had planned on offering it to you. I was disappointed with the flavor of the garden-grown one last season. Rats. I'm still waiting for PSR-37 (Tim Peters' dehybridization of Early Girl) seeds to arrive along with the other things I've ordered from Peters Seed & Research this season. Will be glad to share once I get them.

I'll try and stay in touch as the season progresses.

Cheers to all,
Betsy