View Single Post
Old August 17, 2015   #41
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Hi Ginny - good to hear from you. I started a few tomato seeds but will start the majority when I get home on the 25th. I am bringing this: http://parkseed.com/parks-original-b...arter/p/06529/ with me minus the sponge/cells which I didn't like. I am just using the regular 6 pack cells. I have 16 big cells inside. I sowed 7 cells yesterday and will sow the rest in NC probably Saturday to give them a head start on germination but not actually germinated so they don't get leggy.

I don't have anything new to show for a picture. I did post pictures of my new blueberry plants. I'm now positive that it isn't Blue Sunshine. NO ONE have BS in stock and I got emails from their site and they don't even have a picture of it. Plus selling it and their other blueberry plants for more than I paid on Etsy.

Gardening: I picked 4 pineapples last week and some Okra today.

RE: Squash - count me as one who gave up. I would grow zuchinni squash and get 1 HUGE squash, then the plant always got PM .... even in EB and that was when I used the EB kit for $8ish - much more now. Growing it in a EB made it an expensive squash.

Snails have been really bad eating the leaves on my pepper plants from earlier this summer. I finally put down the Sluggo.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote