Thread: Green 'n Gold
View Single Post
Old January 31, 2008   #1
Tom Wagner
Crosstalk™ Forum Moderator

Default Green 'n Gold

Yet another variety of tomato that I bred up and forgot about. I had talked with Ken Ettlinger of the Long Island Seed Project and he reminded me that he obtained tomato seed from me near 25 years ago. His website write up was interesting in the fact that Ken thought that Green 'n Gold was a sister line of Green Zebra. No where close. The closest relative that is out there is Lime Green Salad also from my breeding work. The fruit is described as green inside, yellow on the outside.

I could find the pedigree on this line, but that will come when I dig through a mountain of boxes. I have kept everything relating to my crosses over the last 55 years and the boxes of documents, old seed, seed request letters, pedigree books, numbers beyond counting.

It would be fun to compile a directory of everyone who requested those mimeographed copies of the Tater Mater Seeds Catalog. It would be a historical document of who was who then in tomato collection.

Since this variety is a yesteryear tomato to me, I wondered if anyone has grown it?

Tom Wagner
Tom Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote