View Single Post
Old February 15, 2013   #43
travis
Tomatovillian™

Yes, Red, you are missing parts of the distinction I made between fully indeterminate growth patterns and the "semi-indeterminate" growth pattern I have observed in one of the MoCross lines.

Moreover, If I were to follow your line of reasoning, then there would be no distinction between determinate and semi-determinate.

But I don't think I will belabor the issue here any longer. Photographs would be more explanatory than my words, which apparently are insufficient to illuminate the distinctions between indeterminate and what I call semi-indeterminate from what I have observed. And for reasons I wish not to explain at this time, I will not post photographs from my photobucket at this time. Please understand or simply accept the position that I am in here.

Bill

Edit: I re-read your post, and now will add that not all determinates show efflorescences on every second internode. I have observed determinates (tomato plants with growth patterns that inevidably terminate the meristem and all side shoots with a terminal efflorescence) that put out efflorescences every internode, or alternately every internode and every other internode. So there are variances within the classification of fully determinate as well, I suppose. So, if it suits one, he may say that the "semi-indeterminate" pattern, as I call it, is nothing more than a variable indeterminate, then so be it. But I will continue to use my designation, as I feel it is as legit as "semi-determinate" from the detailed observations I have made.

Last edited by travis; February 15, 2013 at 05:43 PM.
travis is offline   Reply With Quote