View Single Post
Old May 25, 2018   #53
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

May 25th 2018

Wow, its been a while since I updated this page.
Not much of anything has happened the last few weeks, it is sort of like watching paint dry.

• Anyhow, I spent the weekend doing a section of the AT with a buddy, scrambling rocks, dodging snakes, getting soaked, you know... the fun stuff.

• We finished up the trail a bit early and headed back to my trailer to reward ourselves a bit. We figured we burnt all those calories on the trail so we need to get them back.

• And we did and then some!

• OK...Back to the garden

• Oats are doing well

• I pretty much have given everything free reign to grow, I just chopped down all the cabbages and all but one of the Bok Choy and laid them out as mulch. I even let the weeds get to a decent size before pulling and placing back in the garden...nothing is removed!

• Sage, Horseradish, Chocolate mint and phlox are all doing well.

• There's always one knucklehead.

• Last years leeks, I may save for seeds

• The Cape Gooseberry in this planter is doing real well.

• Something has been munching on the Comfrey, this was a good call planting the comfrey here, the turtles love hanging here.

• Bad pic, but my first year getting Blueberries.

• Training the Reliance Grapes

• My only head of broccoli, about the size of a quarter, I will never try to grow cabbage, broccoli or Brussels Sprouts again.

• Yacon, the only survivor of 4 plants

• BeeBalm

No sign of my Jerusalem Artichokes.

• The Box Car Willie is doing great. Parsley is doing well too, not sure about the Beets.

• Snow Peas

• Jalapeno, Jimmy Nardello and Poblanos in the Aquaponics veggie filter are doing well.

• The pond plants are doing well.

• Artichoke

• Blackberries.

• Table Dainty

• Bok Choy for the pollinators

• Training the Concord Grapes

• Spaghetti Squash.

SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote