View Single Post
Old January 28, 2017   #292
shule1

I've been looking at your webstore for a little while now (probably a few months). I like how you have such a big variety of breeds to offer, and inexpensive prices. What really sticks out, though, is the open-pollinated versions of hybrids you offer (and they seem to be ones you've bred yourself, which seem to be at least seemingly stable—which makes them unique). People on the OP Early Girl threads might be quite interested (since it's kind of hard to find the other version of it).

Can you tell me how much like the F1s these OP versions of the following tomatoes have been for you with regard to days to maturity and productivity?

• Early Girl
• Heatwave (from Heatwave II F1)
• Fourth of July
• Husky Cherry Red (I'm breeding some varieties out of Husky Cherry Red, too, but they're considerably different from the F1—although in some ways, desirably so—such as with the improved flavor, hang-time, and their complete lack of splitting; they weren’t as early in 2016, though, but it could have been the year)
• Jet Star
• Juliet
• Lemon Boy (How acidic and large are yours? Do the plants still grow enormous vines?)

How many generations have you grown them? Are the seeds F3 or later?

Oh, I see you have some rare breeds I quite want.

Thanks!