View Single Post
Old April 18, 2016   #39
Jeannine Anne
Tomatovillian™

I have been growing them for years but I ran out of seed and started searching.LOL I had gigantes being sent to me from all over but they were smaller it took me years to find a seed that I was happy with. My original Gigantes which I bought when in Greece were huge but I lost the last few I had when I was ill I think. I did eventually find one I was happy to work with and now after selecting for size for some time I have them nearly back up to the right size..I have just measured a couple which are a hairs breath short of 1 3/4 inch however being honest most of them are about 1 1/2 inches which is Ok as they get much bigger after soaking..I couldn't be without these.. I think I have just mad up my mind..the thought of losing them again Oh my.

I used to have a huge bean collection and a huge squash one and peas and lets not even mention tomatoes but I am getting on and have gradually reduced my stash.

I don't have the space anymore anyway so I have to be very careful when gardening on a postage stamp.

X Jeannine
Jeannine Anne is offline   Reply With Quote