Thread: Pepper X
View Single Post
Old March 5, 2018   #42
Black Krim
Tomatovillian™

Pepper X will never make it on my to-grow list....ever. lol

My youngest son was making a pizza the other night. He likes hot peppers when mixed in other foods to dilute it. BUt this night I had gone to the freezer to get a green bell pepper. A friend had given me a bag of mixed peppers including jalepenos and seranos and these larger peppers. A quick bite off the end confirmed it was a sweet pepper with just a hint of heat. Showed son how to thinly shaved the frozen pepper for the pizza, and being a cook, he sampled the pepper. THen raced thru the house yelling to me that I am trying to kill him!!!! lol Giving me a sample, I chewed on a small piece, knowing it was sweet......holy moly ! VERY HOT. Spat it out! I rerouted my son quickly to the frig to munch on cheese.... and with his mouth still burning removed the pepper from his pizza.

Only explanation is that when frozen, very cold, my taste buds missed icking up on the heat.

My kids know most of the hot peppers by name so they dont accidently ingest them.lol Jalapenos are our speed. I do wonder about people that enjoy the pain of a hot pepper.....lol...No Pepper X here.

Last edited by Black Krim; March 5, 2018 at 03:38 PM.
Black Krim is offline   Reply With Quote