View Single Post
Old September 22, 2011   #22
PennyM
LIAR AND THIEF

Hello everybody. This is Penny from Penny's Tomatoes.
It's great to be part of Tomatoville.
Keith, THANKS for being a customer. You won't be disappointed.
Pinakbet, THANKS for your vote of confidence and positive comments.
Let me say that when I started Penny's Tomatoes 4 years ago it was a mistake to rename some of our tomatoes. I though it was cute or clever and now realize it was neither.
Keeping heirloom varietes clearly identified is critical.
I promise that when we do our 2012 catalog and website we'll make those few tweaks.
I've been in the seed business combined 23 years (I am a sister company to Pepper Joe's) and although we did create a fun and whimsical website we have some very serious commitments to our customers. We typically ship out orders within 3 days. I give 3 free seed packs with every order and typically they are recognizable names like Ponderosa, Marglobe, Beefsteak, etc. We have 20,000 Facebook fans...please read their reviews they absolutely love Penny's Tomatoes...see for yourself. I have 17,000 combined opt in Newletter subscribers and rarely get opt-outs. Our sales have grow substantially each year over the previous year, mostly from return customers. Anyway, not to ramble but we have our positives too. If you shop at Penny's I personally guarantee that you'll be happy.
Thanks for listening and look forward to interacting with all of you.
We can learn a lot here...and maybe contribute a few tips along the way.
Tomato-Ly Yours,
Penny
PennyM is offline   Reply With Quote