View Single Post
Old June 23, 2018   #260
BettyC-5
Tomatovillian™

I started 4 different micros on Feb. 7th.
33 X- F4-1-4
51 X- F3-1
51 X-F4-1-3
53 X-F3-2
The 51 X- F3s had some of the biggest seedlings and I pulled out 6 of them to grow for an outdoor summer project. I figured they would be too big for micros.
1st picture

A few weeks later I selected 12 of each variety to grow some more.
That's the tray on the left. All the extras I gave to family or friends and some to the
local thrift shop.
2nd picture

Since there were 51 X-F4s that I figured were from the 51X-F3s I didn't keep any of them from the 12. I do have one plant from the first 6 51 X -F3s.
March 23rd I potted up 4 of each, the most compact, stocky ones, into 3" pots.
May 18th I put them in their final pots. 1 each in 2 1/2 quart plastic pots.
3rd picture- 33 X is in the middle, 51 X-F4 is in the yellow pot and 53 X in lavender.

Two of each went into about 3 quart pouches that are outside. One of each went together into a large pot outside.

The 33 X has slightly larger fruits and wispy leaves. It is also putting out little suckers that have flowers open, so looks like it will really keep producing. The 51s and 53s have the most flowers. I will be selecting for taste over production since they are all putting on a lot of fruit, well, at least they have a lot of flowers. What fruit are there are getting really heavy and I have been adding stakes to keep them upright.
When I find something really tasty I will have to bag buds as there have been a few bumblebees on the blooms. Hopefully there will be a lot of fruits soon.

I wanted to put photos between text, but I haven't figured out how
Attached Images
File Type: jpg March 013.JPG (149.0 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg March 016.JPG (152.4 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg tomatos 010.JPG (108.1 KB, 166 views)
BettyC-5 is offline   Reply With Quote