View Single Post
Old June 29, 2013   #5
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

I know Dill very well and have for many years since he reads and sometimes post at a message site where I do.

I was the source to Pinetree of KB and I doubt the seeds were wrong, but for sure grown in different years in different places there could be different performance and different taste.

I don't know know why Dill would say that there were different names released by the Henderson Seed Co unless he was referring to Wins All, which was a selection from Ponderosa and there was a naming contest and Wins All was the winning name which is why it was named Wins All.

As I said above there are many look alikes but finding the one from the 70's that you knew I do think will be impossible to find.

I have all of the SSE YEarbooks from 1975 onward, but I don't think that will help since what was grown back then was not always known and recorded, if you know what I mean.

Craig LeHoullier is my best friend for over 24 years now and I don't remember him saying anything about the Brandywine ( Sudduth/Quisenberry) or Red Bandywine that was contenious.

There are plenty of threads here at Tville about the three Brandywine heirlooms of pink, red and Yellow ( actually gold)

I don't know if that helps, but I'm trying.

Carolyn