View Single Post
Old October 11, 2012   #12
Mark0820
Tomatovillian™

I have to say I am very impressed with Actinovate.

In addition to the tomato plants, my pepper plants were also hit with bacterial spot. At the time, the sweet pepper plants were about 3 - 3 1/2 feet tall (I was able to harvest all of the peppers). The sweet pepper plants had dropped almost all of their leaves. There were probably 12 - 15 leaves left on each plant. They were literally "stick" plants (or Charlie Brown Christmas trees). My hot pepper plants had a lot of disease on the leaves, but hadn't dropped as many leaves as the sweet pepper plants.

Within 3 days of spraying the sweet pepper plants (I sprayed all of the stems and branches), I noticed new leaves starting to grow on the plants. New leaves also started to grow on the hot pepper plants and the diseased leaves began to drop. Eventually (with weekly sprayings) all of the pepper plants made a complete recovery and set new fruit (which I was able to harvest). I could barely tell the plants had ever had any disease. The plants were finally killed with our first frost last night.

The majority of my tomato plants also recovered with the weekly Actinovate sprayings. The tomato plants didn't recover as nicely as the pepper plants. The tomato plants never completely rid themselves of the disease, but the new leaf growth was impressive and very dark green. It looked like I had applied a fertilizer, but I didn't. I was able to harvest tomatoes right up until last nights frost.

This is definitely the most impressive product I have ever used. Given the condition of my plants when I first started to spray with Actinovate, I never imagined I would see the results I achieved. The person who gardens next to me at the community garden couldn't believe the results either. They plan on using Actinovate next year too. I will be using it as well. Only next year, I will be using it as a "preventative" rather than waiting until the plants are covered with disease.
Mark0820 is offline   Reply With Quote