Thread: Green 'n Gold
View Single Post
Old January 31, 2008   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Since this variety is a yesteryear tomato to me, I wondered if anyone has grown it?

What yesteryear means to you and what most of the info here is about is different. Heck you're not that old. LOL

Tom, I picked up some SSE Yearbooks at random off the floor and it was listed in the mid 90's up to 2002 by a few listed members and I'm sure inbetween, and two folks list it in the 2007 Yearbook, and all folks list it as Gold 'n Green, not the reverse as you have it.

One lister says he got his seeds from CV Lon in 1993, but off hand I don't remember what company that referred to.

Your name is not associated with those listings for Gold 'n Green that I saw and I guess all these years I just whizzed by it when reading and didn't know it was one you had bred.

Had their sources mentioned your name they would have repeated it, but apparently they didn't have that info to start with. The one person listing it has consistently listed it, I'm sure, from 1994 onwards and he always is meticulous in citing background info.

Did Ken distribute it and if so what name did he use?