View Single Post
Old October 20, 2017   #21
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Patti...Thankyou for your reply ...Is that for application to the soil that I use to put in the larger pot for my peat pots to go into? prior to going in my growth/hardening off chamber ..I went out to a local gardening centre today that will answer questions ( i wait until real customers have been attended too first) ...I took out my Tasty Tom seedling (photographed in previous post ) for advice on on what size pot and soil to use...and they told me its "Blind"......Well I never knew what that was so my feeling satisfaction over growing some Tasty Tom seeds has turned to dust...as apparantly a "blind" seedling is no good......It hope its not the same for all the seeds I bought ..I found most are probably old and unable to germinate ..however I have all the seedlings I want and will get my own seed bank.. ....I am waiting for the "mature " varieties especially Tasty Toms to appear ..They told me October but I think this is incorrect ...I will use laterals from them but I have two Tasty Tom plants that I can use laterals from them right now....I bought 2KG of Mycromax ?? sold 500grams so better advertise it again to get it sold...I figure 500grams is more than enough for me ....I have several NBFT (renamed Myra's Delight after the lady who gave me the seed ) and I am really going to have a good go at these cause I know how tasty they are.....No Sweet 100's and other cherry varieties although I am germinating a couple of Cherry Dot seeds...Anything that had powdery mildew last season is off the menu...I am trying Midnight and some other black varieties including Paul Robeson that just never produced fruit for me...

Once I put some pots in my growth chamber I will post photographs ..its simply a freezer chest with a special lid that raises and lowers ...it has 10 x Led 150cm tubes on the underside of the lid providing intense light and 3 computer fans at each end of the lid that have 33 red and blue LED's on each fan so that is 4 x red fans and 2 x blue fans......they will blow air from each end of the freezer chest across the seedlings....The chest itself has an outside separate unit that feeds coolant through pipes and tubes into the freezer and this is adjustable ..My readings tell me 10 degrees for 2 - 3 weeks before raising the temperature is the norm so I wonder what my seedlings will grow like????..I always have the Tasty Toms coming later as back up ....

Regards Ron
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote