View Single Post
Old November 12, 2017   #67
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenthumbomaha View Post
One Two Many F1 seeds are drying. I was surprised that the interior flesh is not the least but orange. It was rather hollow too. Hardly any flesh to scoop out. Great for decoration if that is what you are looking for.

A good cook friend made pumpkin pie from a white pumpkin and wasn't too impressed, so I tossed the rind. Did not want to attract critters to the porch.
The Blue Doll F1 was delish! It is a very heavy dense pumpkin compared to a decorative orange globe. The meat was so sweet. I cooked it for about an hour and a half and stood over the counter lapping it up with butter close to midnight. It didn't produce as many seeds as the One Too Many F1 (maybe less than half) but I still have lots to share. I hope they dry in time for the swap. otherwise I'll have a seed offer in the spring. I read that blue pumpkins originated in Australia. Anyone know the parents of this hybrid?

I've never grown a winter squash before except for acorrn. I may have to grow a few less tomatoes (gasp) and more winter squash next summer.

- Lisa
-
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote