View Single Post
Old November 21, 2017   #9
kurt
Tomatovillian™

Over the years I have always wanted to at least break even on costs ,and as said above supplement my hobby/Forest Bathing(eastern medicine therapy practice)plain old get away from .....Tried the horses,plywood,flats,seems like I created more energy draining forces(work)so that model went out the window.I usually run two germanations and two or three harvests of whatever we decide for that season(mine is from sept.thru may)so I/we in sunny Fl.get some kind of sun 365/d every year.during that time I pull a permit for a multiple family massive clean out garage sale(11 bucks)sat sun after new years at usually my second harvest showing on plants everywhere in yard outside etc.A craiglisting,local blog,those cheap garage sale signs and they come.Thanx to f book,social media and the I phone they come in Mercedes,Bmws,and then some.they browse,pooh pooh this and that ,and notice those specialtys,a towering piper nigrum telephone pole looking mass of berrys,green black red and pink.Along the base growing mini plants in old plastic containers and they want one!oh look a okra plant striped,purple,pods galore three foot high,tobacco at 8 ft.ripening cherry plants,oh look mint ground cover in the two foot high Aloe plants.yes they come red bottomed high heels,diamond I phones Cash..the poor farmers hidden revenge.We make a killing,the flats are a loss leader,not really.Not for all parts of the country,but they come with cash,you gotta love "market forces".PS. And if you have that cute little white cc swipes attached to your I pad you will not lose that sale since no one carrys "stacks" in rubber bands no mo.A I ft cherry mater plant will get me 5/ 10 bucks when a full grown plant behind it with ripe cherrys dropping off and a sign saying for display only,our permit states no food sales,ornamentals is is then.

Last edited by kurt; November 21, 2017 at 03:16 AM.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote