View Single Post
Old May 12, 2014   #121
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the help.

The EZ Flow works, but it's just very imprecise. They tell you to just look at the tank to see if it looks clear, and that is how you are supposed to know to add more fertilizer. I have no idea if it distributes the ferts evenly; it may. If I cared, I would get out my PPM meter and start testing each emitter, but that is too much work.

I have the one with the tall tank. There is something about the way the air moves inside it as it works that makes it fall over by itself, no matter how I leave it. I had to mount it to a bracket in the high tunnel. If I were carrying it around from garden to garden, I think I'd have to strap it to a cart. It's not really built to be mobile anyway. I leave it in one place and just hook the hose up when I need it. You have to have 2 wrenches to hook and unhook it. If you don't, it's tempting to use the little plastic hose barb as a lever, and I think it must break off easily. There is a sticker on it that says Do Not Stress Fitting!

I have not yet used a Dosmatic or Dosatron, but I am thinking they probably make the EZ Flow look like a toy by comparison. And they should - they are 3 to 4 times the price. I know myself and everyone else seems to rip on the EZ Flow, but overall I still think it is a good value for the money, and I would buy it again.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote