View Single Post
Old April 20, 2017   #2
My Foot Smells
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike2 View Post
Okay I guess that I totally did something right this year but now I don't know what to do.

In the past I have used those little one inch square pots and only planted one seed a pot. Not everything would come up but I would end up with enough for my garden. Well this year I decided to use bigger pots and plant 5 seeds per pot. I figured I would get at least one per pot to germinate.

OMG Almost all of them are growing!!!! (thank you MMMM traders! Amazing seeds this year) Now at some point I am going to need to split them up. When do I do this? I sure don't want to mess them up at this point. I have never had such wonderful luck. Even the old package of Beefsteak tomato seeds that my neighbor found under the seat of his truck, all 5 of those seeds sprouted!!

LOL what an amazing problem for me to have!!
right now, at first sprout. tease them gently apart and plant individually. if you let them grow to true leaf, it will be difficult. I usu. do the one seed per square thing too, but sometimes get a "wild hair" and do three seeds (never five!) and just clip the weakest two.
My Foot Smells is offline   Reply With Quote