View Single Post
Old July 9, 2012   #12
Boutique Tomatoes
Tomatovillian™

Thanks everyone!

Babice, I planted most of them as 7 and 8 week old transplants the second week of May, about three weeks ahead of normal for my area. I was set up to have them all under cover, but with our warm spring I never had to.

Meadowyck, I think I finally have enough making it into the house to start taking some notes. Most of the early ones got tossed with some 18 year old balsalmic vinegar and EVOO for a salad within minutes of coming in and they all taste amazing when you've been suffering with supermarket styrofoam balls for so long.

Lakelady, I know what you mean about the stubborn ones. I have several varieties that are just shy to set fruit. One that I'm on my third year trying is Brad's Black Heart, last year I got one tomato. This year I have a couple set but I have other heart varieties planted a few feet away that already have 20+ fruit set. Since this year it looks like I'll have a longer than normal season so I'm hoping it gets better, otherwise it's not going to make a return in 2013.

Tom, another one like that is Trenton's Tiger from Brad Gates, but I don't think there are any ripe on that one yet. I had someone request unusual salad tomatoes this year so I grew 18 small colorful, unusual shaped varieties. They are different!
Boutique Tomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote