View Single Post
Old March 14, 2017   #7
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

I really appreciate the advice. Normally I am not starting my plants of these varieties for several weeks yet, but this special person needed to get his started and I just didn't have any experience with these types of plants so early in the season and with bad weather.

I hope I can help lead him to keeping everything alive. Took 7 hours of non stop sitting in one spot for him to sow the seed for 13 containers. Not sure if my rump can handle another 7 to redo.

Plus I'm not sure how he would react to having lost plants. It's taken 3 weeks to get him to understand the concept of why some seeds don't germinate and why we have to get rid of sick looking or deformed new sprouts.

When working with special needs students you can't help but rejoice over their successes and cry with them over losses. It's a challenge for sure. Thank goodness for more experienced growers help on TV. I can't wait til later to show some pics of his crop. His tomatoes are under lights and in the house, so those I know are safe.
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote