View Single Post
Old March 10, 2017   #14
Rockandrollin
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmark View Post
That is what I want, yes. When the solenoid goes off I want the pump to maintain pressure until they go off. Maybe I used the wrong term by saying continuous duty. Do you have a page I can look at? I have been eyeing the Dolphin pumps, but cannot determine the PSI.
Here is the current set up, I am not sure if I can bypass the pressure tank with these cheapo pumps? I can run 572 drippers at once without outdoing the pump capacity.

I am not a pump guy, so like I said all ears.
Sorry, I am not a expert in this area. Your best best is your local pump person and google.

What I was referring to would replace your well pump and pressure control with a new pump and a variable frequency drive. They do require a pressure tank but are tiny compared to a conventional system, they are like 1 or 2 gallon.

They are becoming more common for residential well pumps. You mentioned you are in the 1/2hp to 1hp range which is a typical home pump size.

Their biggest benefits are having a constant pressure and much more economical to use. Your current well pump goes from 0 to full power in a second and the opposite when the pressure switch opens. These pumps are variable and ramp up down to maintain pressure and if need be will cycle off.
Rockandrollin is offline   Reply With Quote