View Single Post
Old April 16, 2018   #53
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

This thread has given me a lot to think about.

Holes in the bottom of the pot for drainage is what I learned from my elders/family.

Worth has proven to me that those holes are not necessary. He even grows in black pots. (My understanding of container growing is growing in some sort of pot.) Worth, you can grow them that way, and I will try it, but you know I have to try some in a white bucket. White reflects heat, black is the opposite.

Marsha grows in Earthboxes. I wanted to grow in those, but feeding and paying the bills for a family of 6 quickly took away that option. The little money I had for gardening needed to be spent as wisely as I could. Marsha agrees with what I learned from my Elders about the holes in the containers. How I'm going to keep RKN and Fusarium wilt out of those holes - I have an idea.

Mark told me how he professionally grows tomatoes in Alaska. I could not afford the brand of fertilizer he suggested, but I did buy the closest thing that I could afford. Mark grows inside in Alaska, and I'm growing outside in Texas.

I respect everyone replying to this thread - your advice has been very helpful and will continue to be so.

Last edited by AlittleSalt; April 16, 2018 at 10:33 PM.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote