Thread: bleach spray
View Single Post
Old July 18, 2017   #213
b54red
Tomatovillian™

It has been threatening rain for the last few days with lots of clouds and nearly 100% humidity and yesterday it came starting about 4 am and it rained off and on most of the day. I went out this morning planning on fertilizing my bell peppers and found once again that Early Blight had come in big time with the rain. Even my newest bed with young plants was hit hard by it and there was no sign of it on either of my last two beds planted then all of a sudden it is on nearly every tomato plant. Needless to say I spent a couple of hours cutting off the worst of it and spraying everything down with the bleach spray. It should have had time to dry since the sun is just now showing good. Luckily for me it was a bit late getting here this morning or I would have had to wait to spray the bleach. I guess I will follow up with some Daconil later because the copper that was put on just a few days ago did nothing to stop the EB. I had used copper because I was getting some Gray mold and spot or speck diseases on a few plants and with no sign of EB I thought it was the best option. Seems like I frequently guess wrong on that choice.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote