View Single Post
Old July 3, 2016   #29
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillian View Post
Great thread, I will be trying some of the recommendations in next year's garden. Am growing Diva for first time this year and so far am not impressed. My NON parthenocarpic is pumping them out however, but I know it will just be a matter of time before it succumbs to powdery mildew.
I've found the non-parthenocarpic do produce tons more flowers and would guess at least the same # of female flowers. But if you are in a greenhouse, parthenocarpic is the way to go.

I'm growing Alpha Beit right now; I wrap in tulle at night to avoid the pickle worm moth but in the AM when I take the tulle off, bees are waiting to buzz and seem like they stay there all day. I haven't sprayed at all. The leaves of mine usually get really cripsy near the end.

Three seeds - 2 in EB, 1 in RP - 27 cucumbers in the first week of production (Sunday 6/26 - 7/2). Third pic is this AMs harvest not counted in the 27.

I'm interested in this thread and parthenocarpic types because I want to grow year round and while I'm away I need to keep the tulle on 24/7 to keep the moths away.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cuke Plants front July 2 (400x300).jpg (66.6 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg Cuke Flowers (400x300).jpg (60.0 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg July 3 Cuke Harvest (400x300).jpg (50.1 KB, 120 views)
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote