Thread: 'the plague'
View Single Post
Old July 4, 2007   #1
the999bbq
Tomatovillian™

Default 'the plague'

It was not that easy as i thought it would be to leave my garden for two weeks in the hand of my tomatositter. He did above average in removing the succelents and watering to my regime in the greenhouse but my explanations could not elaborate on the general hygiene and it seems that the potatoe disease found its way to one of my plants in the greenhouse. I don't blame him because the way the disease is spreading now it could have happened to me too (condens water was dripping above that one plant in the plastic tunnel) but i could have intervened earlier maybe.

I stripped the plant from all diseased parts, what leaves me with a relatively clean looking plant - apart from some black spots on the stem : my question is : should I not risk anything and remove the plant completely or can I go on with this plant (cut out the black regions from the stem ?)

I have used cuprex (containing copperoxychloride) on the rest of the plants - it's not what I wanted to do but I would regret the fact that my gardening season stops here even more...

The rain keeps pouring down and temperatures keep mild, seems ideally for the phyto-spores; how is your region doing with 'the disease' ?
the999bbq is offline   Reply With Quote