View Single Post
Old January 6, 2017   #2
jmsieglaff
Tomatovillian™

I bought this 5 years ago and have been very pleased. http://shop.readydogkennel.com/Auto-...-RGH-4322K.htm

I line the slides with spray painted black 1/2 gallon milk jugs (filled with water). I also built a polystyrene cover for it that is covered with a tarp (polystyrene foam boards are not UV stable) that I put on at night to retain heat much better. It is on my deck up against the house facing south. Empty it holds 4 flats, but with the 1/2 gallon milk jugs on the sides it holds 3 flats.

I use it to hold my cool season crops before they are planted out. And then once those go into the garden my peppers and tomatoes enter where they live for about 3 weeks until it is plant out time. The auto-vent is essential for me since I'm not home during the day. On windy days the auto-vent can flip around, so I secure it with a piece of twine to one of the milk jug handles so that doesn't happen.

It doesn't sound like this would be big enough for your uses, but they do offer a double sized one. Not sure our situations will line up exactly, but maybe the concept will be helpful.
jmsieglaff is offline   Reply With Quote