View Single Post
Old April 2, 2018   #2
CamuMahubah
Tomatovillian™

I guess the Matervillian I need to talk to is "AlittleSalt".

Seems he grows Porter every year.

I cain't remember if Worth eats Porter or not...but yah y'all two texans will be here shortly I assume and tell me where y'all get the seed for the egg shaped Porter.

I'm sort of a lurker rarely posting and I've been reading about Porter for a couple years now and I never saw the allure until recently. And since I'm not gonna do Sun Sugar this year I figure the only cherry or small tomato I would want would have to be a full flavored mass producer that is bigger than the teeny tiny cherries.

I'm willing to bet Porter has that old time flavor I so desire...one I've been seeking...since I was a kid eating mom's tomatoes in Florida.

My main crop is gonna be landracers from Joseph and I'm gonna surround that garden with Kosovo and Mat-Su and Dirty Girls in case of promiscuous pollination should that occur. And Break O'Day will be there too, almost forgot. Bought that one because I've read so many of Carolyn's posts and I just have to try it. I mean who wouldn't want an heirloom that rivals modern hybrids in production and beats them all day in flavor. Porter seems to be along those lines of flavor and production with heat tolerance.

Not trying to make crosses but if Porter happens to wade into the gene pool I surely wouldn't mind. We get hot here. Really hot. I know AlittleSalt says Porter sorta stops at 98F but I think that is higher temp than most can handle so that kind of robustness will be appreciated.

Last edited by CamuMahubah; April 2, 2018 at 05:15 AM.
CamuMahubah is offline   Reply With Quote