View Single Post
Old July 7, 2009   #1
gflynn
MAGTAG™

Default MAGTAG Brew 2009

I just called the local brew house and sure enough they have 55lb bags of Belgian Pilsner Malt. This means that this weekend I will be brewing MAGTAG Brew 2009!

This year we will have on tap (actually in bottles) a Belgian Wit and a Belgian Trippel. Because I am starting Sunday even the Trippel will have 3 weeks to ferment and 3 weeks in the bottle before our event so we shouldn't have any problem with over carbonation like last year.

Brew Profiles:

1. Belgian Wit
This is a lighter beer that is fine on a summer day. It is mildly sweet and has added spices that give it aroma. The spices include cardamon, cumin and orange peel. Its grain bill includes unmalted wheat, which gives the beer a cloudy appearance and is necessary of authenticity.

2. Belgian Trippel
This is a sweeter more high-octane type. It gets most of its character from the yeast and has only minimal hopping for bitterness and aroma. It should be clear and light in color. If it were the Middle Ages and you were going on a pilgrimage to the holy land you might just have stopped by the local monastery to pick up a few barrels of this for the trip.

Greg