View Single Post
Old October 9, 2013   #43
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
That looks like a very big garden for a woman of 88 to keep up, she must be remarkable.

I see fruit trees in her yard as well as over the fence on the right.

What are the most popular fruit trees to have in that area?

Do you live very near your mother in law and if so is your garden as big?

A picture would be nice, if you have one. especially if there's you in the picture, maybe even drinking some plum wine.

Carolyn
Carolyn,
my mother in law is fit, the work in the garden is her life. She want to do all what she can cope. She says me: „Vladimír, the shoulders ache me“. I answer: „ I am about 20 year less and the shoulders ache me too“ . But her daughter (my wife) is twenty years invalid and she can do in the garden nothing . The garden of mother in law is 20 km from my home, about 8000 sq ft, she growes vagetable (tomatoes, zucchini, onion, carrot, radical parsley, celery ,potatoes, etc.) on the area about 1600 sq ft, the other is grass, trees and flowers. She is living herself in the older house. She don´t want to migrate.The trees are all apple trees ( 15), she has a good cave where she can cache the apples. Apple trees are most usual fruit trees in our country.
My garden 16000 sq ft, from its about 12000 sq ft is grass. I have only fruit trees (30 treers , whose fruit I need not warehouse, I have no cave. They are: apple trees, plum trees (Stanley, Jojo,..), apricots (Bergeron, Harcot,…), peaches (Redhaven, Cresthaven,..), pears (William´s,…), cherry trees and walnut trees. I have red and black currants, gooseberries, raspberries and blackberries too.
On the picture is my son, I am a little older ( 1946 y.). I was there, where is the solitary spade on the left of the picture.
Slivovice is not wine, but brandy. On the east of Moravia, where are plum orchards, each does brandy, some in official still-rooms (big taxes), some at home (on the black). I don´t like Slivovice.
I drink wine or beer, but I drink alcohol a little . I don´t extend neither the diametral consumption of beer on the one Czech person (sumed including infants)- 37 US gal per year .
A nice day is wishing Vladimír

Last edited by MrBig46; October 9, 2013 at 11:33 AM.
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote