View Single Post
Old January 22, 2017   #42
kurt
Tomatovillian™

Default random person on the net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhines81 View Post
I guess we have the same goal. Are you monitoring the other poster's advice that answer questions? Are they as qualified as you? You are actually just a 'random' person on the internet telling people what to do ... you realize that? I'm trying to keep people from burning their house down from following internet bulletin board advice:

You are assuming that people are absorbing 100% of this thread and following each and every instruction .... fact is, they are skimming and absorbing 10%. Oh, I think I'll rewire that 3-way switch ... house burns down the next day. It is a lot of responsibility to think that you told someone how to do something and to trust that they follow your every word. I even see people posting on this thread like it is some kind of 'course work' ...

Advice such as this really does not belong on bulletin boards ... even if you know exactly what you are doing ... your audience is not up for the challenge (even though they think they are). Safety. Safety. Safety.

Where's the grimace icon?
ou are actually just a 'random' person on the internet telling people what to do ... you realize that? I'm trying to keep people from burning their house down from following internet bulletin board advice:

You must have the wrong person."This poster" has been a contributing to this forum since its inception 2006 with solid fact based,sound information with no reserve on reward.This man from Texas has bared his soul,his recent loss kindness,knowledge,heart to all of us and this is what he has to read!Maybe the "replier"should read some of that material and learn something other.I would save" face" and dictate a nice apology before it is past the edit time line.I will be the first to apologize for this Worth.The rest of my thoughts will be carried forward via the little triangle below my monikor.As for the replier,I will use the good old advice when I see that name SOB(scroll on by)Keep em coming Worth.

Last edited by kurt; January 22, 2017 at 05:59 AM.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote