View Single Post
Old July 28, 2007   #9
nctomatoman
TomatovilleŽ Moderator

What an incredible day! Tomatopalooza V was quite a day (and a long one at that...though worth it in every respect).

Amongst the highlights for Sue and I -

meeting Mischka, Rena, Suze, Feldon, Shelleybean for the first time - as well as other Tomatovillians such as Jim and Celticman and NCTim. (We are so happy that you intrepid travelers made the trip!).

The warm hospitality and incredible venue provided by hosts Jimmy and Fred. It was absolultely perfect - even the unexpected strong late morning breeze and rain and rumbles of thunder were welcome.

The food, the music, the dancing - it was day that was about so much more than tomato tasting.

But the tomatoes - it was all kind of a blur, and I spent most of the time at the Dwarf Table - but people seemed to love them, it was an impressive collection, and the flavors were really good on the vast majority of what I ended up tasting.

Well, it is off to bed for me. Safe travels to all returning home - let's do it again next year!

Finally, thanks to Lee for all of the work that he put in to making this a great success.

Relevant stats - probably approaching 200 tomatoes and over 120 attendees.....I am sure that Lee will have a more accurate tomato count soon.