View Single Post
Old June 14, 2018   #5
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
GoDawgs, I've found the same type results with Fusarium wilt 3 and RKN. I don't know about bacterial wilt, but your pictures showed me all I need to see.
I pulled up the plants this morning and was relieved to see that the roots were totally clear of RKN. And I did cut a section of stem. You could see on the cross section the vascular discoloration and when it was suspended in a glass of water, I could see the bacterial stream. Yep, bacterial wilt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
In the next to last picture you posted above, whatever is flowering in the background (Looks like a Crepe Myrtle) - maybe grow that instead? I know you can't eat them, but they are beautiful. Lantanas work well for me in this diseased soil.
Yep, it's a crape myrtle. I have lots of them around. Love 'em! In fact there are two large ones, one on each of the upper corners of the garden and between them are muscadine grapes on a fence. As they all conspire to send masses of fibrous roots into the top two beds, it means a thorough broadforking of those both fall and spring.
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote