View Single Post
Old January 18, 2017   #8
Fritz77
Tomatovillian™

Well TC you anticipated me with this thread. I’m also planning on growing this tomato, that is if I get the seeds. I put it on my Wish List at the very last second so I hope I get it. I fell in love with it from the very first time I saw a picture of it. The color is really unique. It’s like as if the tomato had been smoked. It’s true though that you don’t find many reviews/information about it on the web. One description on a French site says (I think) that it produces pretty big, flattened and ribbed tomatoes that are quite meaty and have many cavities which makes it ideal for being stuffed. It’s indeterminate and RL. It was obtained by an accidental cross in a garden located in Northern France (I’m therefore guessing that it could like not so hot weather). After being stabilized it was introduced in 2009 so it’s pretty new to the market.
I’ve decided that I will grow this variety no matter what it taste. If it’s a spitter I will have still have a wonderful ornamental plant!
I know that there are some French Tomatovillians that could probably correct my quick translation and tell us more about this beauty.
Fritz77 is offline   Reply With Quote