Thread: Fertilizing
View Single Post
Old February 24, 2024   #1
schill93
Tomatovillian™

Default Fertilizing

I am a container gardner in hot Las Vegas desert. I am planning of using Tomato Tone Organic Fertilizer this year, supplemented with fish emulsion. I also purchased some Miracle Grow water soluble Tomato fertilizer, as growing in pots is not like working on your soil in a bed to build good soil rich with nutrients. As Tomato Tone will take some time to break down, I concluded I might need something to start off with until the TT had a little time to do it's thing. (Thus the inclusion of the MMG - a bad word I know among experienced gardners)

There are so many people on YouTube shouting how you must add Bone Meal or Blood Meal, etc., etc, and I know they are trlying to make a living and want you to click on their link "below", but money has become an issue with the ever increasing costs to everything.

So I would like to know your thoughts on needing to add any more additives to my current products. I do have Dolomite to add anong with some epson salt to the planting hole, but nothing else. I have in the past also used Texas Tomato fertilizer and thougt it was very good, but with the cost of it plus shipping, I decised on Miricle Grow (though inferior I know) to have as an added water soluble supplemtnt.

If any of you who may be doing container tomato growing could lend some advise on this subject, it would be very much appreciated.

Last edited by schill93; February 24, 2024 at 10:06 PM.
schill93 is offline   Reply With Quote