View Single Post
Old October 17, 2017   #3
ChefBert
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipcode View Post
If you only keep wicking, you will have massive imbalance after a while (or maybe less massive, depends on many factors including your water).
If that happens, you can still flush the containers with (preferably) rain water, and it should bring them back in line. How fast this imbalance will happen... it's hard to say, for me, using tap water (which is hard water), in occurred in about 2 months, and I got worse results then using my trusty organics (I was trying to do the opposite, obviously). This imbalance can be both nutrient or pH. Which is why starting water pH as well as its alkalinity matter a lot, as well as the actual content of the fertilizer (based on the label, I'm inclined to say the pH will go upwards after the contents are being absorbed by the plants again and again).
So your opinion is water the containers from the top. Either way you are going to eventually get salt build up and need to flush.

What I'm asking, is it better to add the TTF to the reservoir on the bottom or will I be wasting it? Is the top watering feeding the plant better?
ChefBert is offline   Reply With Quote