View Single Post
Old February 28, 2018   #7
kath
Tomatovillian™

So far the ones I've grown on your list are: Adirondack Blue, Adirondack Red, All Blue, Purple Majesty and French Fingerling. The first blue that I tried was All Blue, and Agway also sold All Red, which is another keeper that I forgot to mention. I'm hoping that Agway carries it again this year, because it makes large, smooth, scab-free, very good tasting spuds. They didn't carry All Blue again, so I guess that wasn't a hit with their customers.

All Red doesn't keep much longer than Red Norland, though, so we just eat these varieties first. Kennebecs and the blues I've grown store really well. My blues got mixed up when I had "help" harvesting last season, so that I can't really comment on their differences, which is why I'm hoping to grow them all again and try harder to keep them separate for comparison.

French Fingerling was probably my favorite fingerling, but the seed potatoes are much more expensive than the regular potatoes and to me, they're not worth the extra $ - harder to clean, more prep time, more little "unusable" pieces, etc.

Last edited by kath; February 28, 2018 at 10:44 PM.
kath is offline   Reply With Quote