View Single Post
Old November 2, 2015   #37
Bipetual
Tomatovillian™

Deborah, we sound a lot alike. I'm not going to kid you, I could eat a lot better than I do, but I don't really like to cook much either. I have a FEW decent habits I've picked up, though. Green Giant Healthy Vision veggies (they have a light "butter" sauce but I like to add a little extra salt and pepper and Italian Seasoning), which cook in a pouch in the microwave in five minutes. Fresh apples in season, cut in wedges with either natural peanut butter as a dip or a few thin slices of cheddar. Hard boiled eggs. Bananas. Baby carrots, dipped in a little bit of ranch if you have to. Ditto the bag salad. Try the baby greens and mix in a few basil leaves. I also really enjoy black beans and cannellini beans. I tend to allow myself a little incentive to eat fruits and veggies, hence veggies in "butter sauce", peanut butter with apples, etc. I know it's not what a dietitian would feed me, but otherwise I'm not sure I'd eat them at all.

I was very, very addicted to diet soda out of a can. I drank one can after another, always with a can in my hand. I tried unsuccessfully to cut down. Then I just bought LaCroix or store brand carbonated water in cans. It tasted way different, but the habit itself of grabbing a can every little while didn't change. I got used to the taste and I really enjoy it now, and I'm actually okay without the soda. Thought I would share that in case you did ever decide to quit.

ContainerTed is right about not trying to change all your habits at once. One or two at a time, they're a lot more likely to stick. I wish you the very best of luck and hope you're able to make some changes that you like and feel good about.
Bipetual is offline   Reply With Quote